LESM - Linear Elements Structure Model
LESM is a MATLAB program for linear-elastic, displacement-based, static analysis of two-dimensional and three-dimensional linear elements structure models.
Authors: Luiz Fernando Martha and Rafael Lopez Rangel
PUC-Rio - Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and
Tecgraf Institute of Technical-Scientific Software Development of PUC-Rio (Tecgraf/PUC-Rio)
Rua Marquês de São Vicente, 225, Gávea
22451-900 - Rio de Janeiro - BRASIL
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Users are free to use this educational version of the program. However, neither the authors, nor PUC-Rio, nor Tecgraf/PUC-Rio, nor any related
institution are responsible for any use or misuse of the program and the results. The aforementioned assume no liability or responsibility to any
person or company for direct or indirect damages resulting
from the use of any information or the use of any of the software made available here.
The user is responsible for any and all conclusions made while using the program.
There is no warranty and no guarantee.
In case of any malfunction of the program, please contact the authors.
It is required MATLAB installed in your computer, or the corresponding runtime library.
Complete installation with MATLAB runtime library. Indicated for those who do not have any version of MATLAB to run the standalone executable.
Standalone executable of LESM. Indicated for those who have one of the following versions of MATLAB installed, or the corresponding runtime library.
Source code to run the program in the MATLAB environment without the graphic user interface.
Explanations about the considerations of the analysis models, sign convention, use of the graphical interface, etc.
Source code of the nongraphical version available in a format generated by the MATLAB publish command.
The Unified Modeling Language (UML) is intended to provide a standard way to visualize the design of a system through diagrams.
This ia an interactive diagram that indicates the calling sequence of the methods responsible for the analysis module of LESM.
- LESM (Linear Elements Structure Model), formerly named TFG2D, was initially prepared for the course CIV 2801 - Fundamentals of Applied Computer Graphics, 2016, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, PUC-Rio. This first version of the code was written in the Procedural Programming paradigm for teaching concepts of computer graphics using MATLAB.
- The code was then rewritten in the Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigm by Professor Luiz Fernando Martha and undergraduate student Rafael Lopez Rangel for the course ENG 1240 - Structural Analysis III, 2016, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, PUC-Rio, for teaching the direct stiffness method.
- The graphical user interface of LESM was developed in the undergraduate thesis "Development of a Graphic Program for Structural Analysis of Linear Element Models", by Rafael Lopez Rangel, advised by Professor Luiz Fernando Martha, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, PUC-Rio, December, 2016.
- The implementation of the three-dimensional classes of LESM was developed in the undergraduate thesis "Extensão de Programa Gráfico para Análise de Treliças e Pórticos Espaciais via MATLAB e GUI", by Murilo Felix Filho, advised by Professor Luiz Fernando Martha, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, PUC-Rio, July, 2017.
- Version 1.1 (Feb/2018)
- Version 1.0 (Aug/2017)
Related book on matrix structural analysis:
- Análise Matricial de Estruturas com Orientação a Objetos, Elsevier, 2018 (under preparation)
Last update: February 24, 2018 by
Luiz Fernando Martha and Rafael Lopez Rangel